1. The operator of the website (e-shop) is Kattiva s. r. o., registered office: Ovsištské námestie 1, 851 04 Bratislava.
2. The seller is Kattiva Slovensko s. r. o., registered office: Michalská 14, 811 01 Bratislava.
3. The supplier of goods and services offered in the e-shop kattiva.shop is Kattiva Slovensko s. r. o., registered office: Michalská 14, 811 01 Bratislava.
4. The buyer is anybody visiting and ordering via the e-shop. For the purpose of Act No. 102/2014 Coll., under the term “consumer”, a natural person, who does not act on the basis of the subject-matter of their business activities, employment or occupation when concluding and performing the consumer contract shall be understood.
5. The e-shop is a publicly accessible computer system available on the Internet enabling consumers to order goods and services.
6. Goods or services shall be any products presented at the e-shop sites.
7. Orders shall be generated once the process of ordering via e-shop is confirmed by buyer’s selection of goods or services, complete filling-in of the order form included.
8. The buyer shall fully respect any electronic communication, especially that made via e-shop, e-mail messages or phone calls.
1. All the stated prices of goods shall be final.
2. The seller shall be bound by the prices stated at e-shop sites at the moment of purchase performance.
1. Orders shall be generated once the process of ordering via e-shop is confirmed by buyer’s selection of goods or services, complete filling-in of the order form included. For the purposes of correct order handling it is necessary to fill the data required in the order and select transport and payment methods related to the goods or services ordered.
2. By sending an order the buyer shall agree with the price of the goods and services ordered, i.e. such order shall become binding for the consumer.
3. When the order is confirmed by the seller a purchase contract shall be established, which only may be changed, cancelled or supplemented on the basis of a mutual agreement by and between the buyer and the seller unless stipulated otherwise by law or some other legal regulations. The seller shall confirm the order by sending the goods ordered.
4. Once the buyer creates an order, an email message confirming the receipt of the order by e-shop shall be automatically generated. This email shall, however, not be the confirmation of goods as per paragraph 3 hereof.
5. Having sent their order, the buyer shall be bound to pay the purchase price for the goods ordered.
1. Goods and services may be paid for in the e-shop as follows:
a. Voucher-based payment;
b. Cash on delivery (only for Slovakia)
c. Payment by card using the online payment gateway of bank Slovenská Sporiteľňa;
2. The voucher shall represent a prepaid amount, which can be used by the buyer for the purpose of purchasing on the basis of sufficient funds available. The date of voucher validity shall be stated in the voucher itself. The nominal value of the voucher may be agreed upon with the buyer.
3. Additional payments for individual payment options shall be stated in clause VI of the general business terms and conditions.
4. The seller may give the buyer any of the following discounts:
a. A price discount for e-shop registration;
b. A discount for repeated purchases;
c. A discount based on one-off discount voucher;
5. The discounts provided shall not be cumulated.
1. Within 30 days as of order generation, the seller shall send the goods to the buyer, if not agreed otherwise or if not having any longer delivery period stated in connection with the goods in question.
2. Should the goods be available in stock, it shall be expedited as per given capacities in the shortest time possible.
3. If there are several goods and services stated in the order given and if some of them are not available in stock, we shall inform the buyer on the possibility of partial deliveries.
4. An invoice (tax document), instructions and other documents provided by the manufacturer shall be delivered together with the goods or services in question.
5. Under the term ‘place of performance’ the place, to which goods are delivered shall be understood.
6. The seller shall transport goods to the buyer using the services of:
a. GLS Slovakia, Lieskovská cesta 13, 962 21 Lieskovec, Slovakia (for Slovakia and foreign countries)
b. GLS Hungary, Európa u. 2, 2351 Alsónémedi, Hungary (for Hungary)
7. The buyer has a possibility to collect the order personally, at Dance School DANCECOOL, Ovsištské námestie 1, 851 04 Bratislava, Slovakia.
1. Paying in advance through payment gateway of Slovenska Sporiteľňa bank
a. When delivering via courier to any place in the Slovak Republic within 2 work days following the expediting from our warehouse -3- 3,50 € (depending on the total weight of the package) ;
b. When delivering via courier to any place in the Czech Republic within 3 work days following the expediting from our warehouse – 4,50 – 4,70 € (depending on the total weight of the package)
c. When delivering via courier to any place in the Hungary within 2 work days following the expediting from our warehouse – 3-3,50 € (depending on the total weight of the package)
d. When delivering via courier to any other place from our list, within 3 work days following the expediting from our warehouse , prices are shown at the checkout.
2. Paying cash at the delivery is possible only within the territory of Slovak Republic and it costs 0,50 EUR.
3. The seller and the buyer may agree on some other than standard (the above specified) procedure related to goods or service delivery and pricing.
4. The seller may send the goods, which is immediately available and the rest of the order may be thus delivered additionally in the period stipulated by law, yet under the assumption that the buyer shall not be charged any postal fees additional to the fee already included in the order.
1. The proprietary right shall be transferred from the seller to the buyer the moment the subject-matter of the contract is fully paid for.
2. The seller reserves the right not to deal with buyer’s complaints related to the goods or services, to which seller applies their proprietary rights, before the subject-matter of the purchase contract is paid in full.
1. In connection with any custom-made goods produced on a basis of consumer’s specific requirements or specifically for a single consumer, the buyer will be entitled to cancel any goods or service ordered without any charges applied within 24 hours as of purchase contract establishment
1. As per provisions of § 7 et seq. of Act No.102/2014 Coll. on Consumer protection related to goods and service provision as per long-distance contract conclusion or as per the conclusion of contracts outside seller’s operating premises and on amendments and supplements to certain acts (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Act’), the consumer will be entitled to withdraw from the purchase contract within 14 calendar days as of the day of goods acceptance. Should the subject-matter of the purchase contract be the delivery of goods, the consumer will be entitled to withdraw from the contract even prior to such goods delivery.
2. If willing to use the above right, the consumer shall deliver the written withdrawal from the purchase contract in person the last day of the specified period at the latest to the seller’s contact address or hand such withdrawal over for postal delivery the last day of the period to the address stated in the contact list at the latest. Upon withdrawal notification, the consumer shall send or deliver the subject-matter of the contract they are withdrawing from together with all the documents, for example the original of the invoice, instructions and other documents related to the goods, which were delivered together with the goods, within 14 days as of the withdrawal day (§10, paragraph 1 of the Act). We recommend buyers to keep a copy of the invoice and to send the goods as registered and insured parcel/mail. To withdraw from the contract, the following form may be used: Withdrawal from the purchase contract, in which at least the data marked with an asterisk “*” shall be filled in. (http://www.nakupujbezpecne.sk/docs/form/odstupenie%20od%20zmluvy.pdf).
3. The goods shall not be sent as cash on delivery. If so, such goods shall not be taken over.
4. The e-shop operator shall return the amount paid for the goods/services, including transport costs as per the provisions of § 9, paragraph 3) of Act No. 102/2014 Coll. as well as costs provably incurred in relation to goods ordering within 14 days as of withdrawal notice delivery. The operator, however, shall not be bound to return the money before the goods is delivered to them or should the consumer be not able to prove the sending of goods. This shall not apply if the seller suggested they will pick their goods up themselves.
5. The expenses related to goods return shall be borne by the consumer.
6. The right to withdraw from the contract shall not apply to the goods and services specified in § 7, paragraph 6, letter a) to l) of Act No. 102/2014 Coll.
7. The consumer shall bear any reduction in goods value they caused by its use outside the scope necessary for checking goods properties and functioning.
1. Under the term “contracting parties” the seller and the buyer shall be understood.
2. The Buyer shall:
a. Take over the goods ordered;
b. Pay the seller for the goods the amount agreed;
c. Check the integrity of goods or goods packaging upon acceptance.
3. The Seller shall:
a. Provide the customer with goods in the required quality, amount and price agreed;
b. Send all the documents related to goods such as invoices, complaint letters, operating instructions in the Slovak codified form together with goods or separately.
1. Personal data shall be processed as per Act No. 122/2013 Coll. on Personal Data Protection as amended.
2. The operator shall not disclose the above personal data provided by the buyer to any third party, with the exception of the forwarder delivering the goods or services in question or state authorities should an inspection be required.
3. The operator shall get the following data from the buyer: title, forename, surname, address, sent-to address, phone number and email address.
4. The personal data you will provide shall be processed for the purposes of your order correct handling.
5. The operator shall protect personal data stated in their safety directive against their disclosure to unauthorized persons.
6. Should the buyer give their consent with personal data processing in order to register with the e-shop for marketing purposes, they have mainly agreed with the sending of email messages to the contact email address, phone calls or sending of mail to the contact address.
7. Personal data used for marketing purposes in the following scope: forename, surname, phone number, address and email address, shall be provided for the period of five years.
8. The buyer may take back their consent in writing any time by sending a withdrawal notice concerning the processing of personal data, which is then immediately blocked or disposed. As for the personal data provided to us, we shall not use it further for marketing purposes.
9. If the buyer agreed with the processing of their personal data and registration in a benefit program upon e-shop registration, they have also agreed with the collection of acquired personal data, for the purpose of discount provision, information on orders included.
10. Personal data used for benefit program purposes in the following scope: forename, surname, phone number, address and email address, shall be provided for the period of five years.
11. The buyer may take back their consent in writing any time by sending a withdrawal notice concerning the processing of personal data, which is then immediately blocked or disposed. As for the personal data provided to us, we shall not use it further in the benefit programme.
1. The seller reserves the right to amend or supplement the general business terms and conditions and complaint submission conditions even without prior notification of the buyer. Should there be any changes in the general business terms and conditions or complaint submission conditions, the entire purchasing process shall be governed by the general business terms and conditions applicable at the moment when the buyer sent the order and these shall be available on seller’s website.
2. The complaint submission conditions shall also form an integral part of the general business terms and conditions.
3. By sending an order, the buyer acknowledges they have read the general business terms and conditions and complaint submission conditions.
4. These conditions have been prepared as part of the project concerning the certification of the e-shop by nakupujbezpecne.sk.
5. The general business terms and conditions and complaint submission conditions are available for the buyer at company’s registered office. They are also published on the e-shop website.
6. Should the consumer be not satisfied with the way, in which the seller handled their complaint or should they think that the seller breached their rights, the consumer will be entitled to contact the seller and ask it for corrective actions. If the seller turns the above request down or does not reply to such request within 30 days as of the day of its sending, the consumer will be entitled to apply for the initiation of an alternative dispute settlement as per § 12 Act No. 391/2015 Coll. on alternative settlement of consumer disputes and on amendments and supplements to certain acts. The relevant authority in charge of such alternative settlement of consumer-e-shop operator disputes is Slovenská obchodná inšpekcia/Slovak Trade Inspection (www.soi.sk) or any other authorized legal entity entered in the Registry of Alternative Dispute Settlement Entities maintained by the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic (http://www.mhsr.sk/zoznam-subjektov-alternativneho-riesenia-spotrebitelskych-sporov/146987s) and the consumer will be entitled to choose, to which of the stated entities of alternative dispute settlement to turn. In order to apply for their dispute alternative settlement, the consumer may also use the platform of online dispute settlement available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ . The consumer may find the information on charges concerning such application on the website of a particular entity of alternative dispute settlement.
7. The relations not stipulated by the general business terms and conditions or their integral parts (annexes) shall be governed by relevant provisions, especially by Act No. 40/1964 Coll., Act No. 250/2007 Coll., Act No. 102/2014 Coll., Act No. 122/2013 Coll., Act No. 22/2004 Coll. and Act No. 513/1991 Coll.
8. The general business terms and conditions, their integral parts included, shall become applicable and effective as of 1st January, 2016.